Monday, November 17, 2014

Give "The Word"

Give "The Word"

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, 
and the Word was God. John 1:1 
Bibles, Children's Bibles, Bible Storybooks
and Devotional Guides make
great gifts. 

When you give the gift of God's Word,
you're planting seeds of faith.
When you read God's Word to a child,
sing a scripture songs or otherwise
share God's word, 
you are feeding that child's faith.
And what you are feeding them now,
could make a huge difference 
in how they spend eternity.

 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing 
by the word of God. Romans 10:17

For this reason, I always preferred
rocking my babies and grand babies 
to sleep. That time we spend rocking
is a special time in which I sing
scripture songs. 
I am bonding with them, but more
importantly, I am feeding their faith.
As John 1:1 tells us, THE WORD is GOD,
so as I sing scripture,
I am planting little God seeds in 
their hearts. 
In time these seeds will take root
and grow. And if I do nothing 
else in my lifetime, I want to see
my children and grand children come
to know Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment